Have a look at what CCTC aims towards.
Corpus Christi Teachers College aims to:
- Enrich the personal faith of the students through in-depth teaching of
Catholic doctrine, Scripture and Liturgy
- Provide opportunities for the integral development of the students’
potentials through the use of available resources.
- Establish opportunities for dialogue between students and staff.
- Use all opportunities for students to work together as a team;
communicating and sharing with and supporting each other.
- Provide quality education through its Diploma in Primary Education and Certificate in Religious Education.
- Maintain high academic standards.
- Disseminate information and develop strategies for the promotion of
Christian moral standards of self-discipline with regard to drugs and substance abuse, alcohol and sex.
- Advocate respect for each other and all other members of the College
community; for the property of others and the College.
Corpus Christi Teachers College is dedicated to:
- Graduating competent and professionally trained primary school teachers with a Diploma in Primary Education and the Certificate in Religious Education.
- Instilling in each student a sense of vocation in his/her ministry for the
Church as a Catholic Teacher.
- Providing a solid formation in Catholic Doctrine, Scripture and Liturgy and in the use of the skills and techniques in contemporary catechesis.
- Cultivating and promoting the indigenous culture of the students including the vernacular and respect for the culture of others.
- Fostering the talents of the students in creative arts; making provision for the release of imaginative energy and encouraging them to take risks in becoming innovative and stimulating teachers.
- Nurturing in the student teachers a desire for further studies and ongoing formation.
- Creating an environment for developing leadership skills.
- Raising the students to an understanding of and a free commitment to the personal life-style the Church expects of her teachers.
- Developing in the students a sincere love for all children without prejudice for their background, upbringing, race, creed, economic status and mental and physical health.
- Providing the students with an introductory understanding of the Ministry of Education’s organizational structure, policies and management system.
Comments are closed